How to Secure Your Network
Network security is critical to protect your data but many small and medium-sized organizations do not have the knowledge or infrastructure to do this properly.
The key is to start with the basics and then go from there. Here are six essentials from the Techify approach to network security:
- Secure Firewall – this protects your network from the outside world. Having a strong unified threat management firewall is essential.
- Updated and Managed Virus and Malware Protection – you should have both desktop and gateway anti-virus and anti-malware protection. Having this centrally managed is important because threats are constantly changing.
- Effective Backup and Disaster Recovery – Ransomware viruses are leading to painful data loss for businesses without effective backup systems.
- Strong Email Security (Anti-Spam) Protection – many threats come in through "spoof" emails pretending to be courier delivery companies or from friends who have gotten viruses.
- 24x7 Monitoring and Network Management – monitoring can pick up network security threats before they are happening or alert of potential problems.
- Ongoing Software Updates and Security Patches – Microsoft and other software providers regularly discover security holes in their products. If you are not installing updates and patches regularly your network will not be secure.
We relied on Techify and they helped us vault into 21st Century with a sophisticated and effective paperless system. We have a reliable network, fast internet and we know any time we have an issue or a new challenge, Techify is just one phone call away.
Dr. Izchak Barzilay,
These are the basics you need to have in place for your approach to network security but you will not want to stop there. Once you have the above, you will need to turn to company-wide websurfing, social media and mobile device management policies.
We can help you navigate these challenges.