Protect Your Data From Anything, Anywhere
Over the last year, flooding and an ice storm wreaked havoc on the Greater Toronto Area and caused huge problems for businesses without strong backup and disaster recovery systems.
Cryptolocker and other viruses crippled some businesses because their backup systems were poor. Human error, hardware failure and software corruption caused data loss for many others.
As a business owner or senior executive, you need to invest in a strong backup and disaster recovery system to protect your business. Otherwise you are playing a version of Russian Roulette with your most important asset – your data.
Here is a checklist to evaluate your existing backup and disaster recovery system:
- Do you have a written backup and disaster recovery plan?
- Is your data backed up using modern image-based backup software?
- Is there a secure onsite backup?
- Can your onsite backup be used for business continuity if a server fails?
- Do you have an automated offsite backup performed securely through your internet connection?
- Is your backup monitored throughout the day?
- Has there been a test restore done within the last month to confirm backups are working?
If you can’t answer yes to all these questions, you need to make changes as soon as possible to protect your business.