If you’re looking for a challenging technical support job where every day is different and you’ll use industry-leading tools to help businesses eliminate frustrating computer problems, then the following position might be suitable for you.
We’re looking for a great communicator and hard worker to join our Help Desk team. This position is most suitable for someone with Post-Secondary IT training and experience working in technical support.
This is an entry-level position with extensive opportunity for professional growth, training and promotion within our company. Required skills include extensive knowledge and troubleshooting ability for PC hardware and software; Microsoft operating systems and programs; Adobe software; Blackberrys; and anti-virus/anti-spyware programs.
TDCNet is a full-service IT and internet solutions company that provides computer and network support services to small businesses.
The successful candidate will become part of our Help Desk team, providing remote support to TDCNet’s small business clients and helping proactively monitor the health and functionality of their networks. That includes:
- Taking telephone or email inquiries and troubleshooting and managing hardware, software or network problems;
- Remotely accessing client workstations and servers to perform regular maintenance and fix issues that arise;
- Providing remote support for Microsoft operating systems and programs as well other common small business applications;
- Providing troubleshooting and support for internet connectivity and email issues;
- Utilizing TDCNet’s innovative remote monitoring and management system to help effectively manage our client networks.
Here’s what our work environment offers:
- A place where all our technical support people get the chance to work on a variety of projects and issues and don’t get pigeon-holed into one type of job;
- Extensive training on our industry-leading remote monitoring and management platform;
- Extensive training from our vendor partners including Microsoft, IBM, Cisco and VMWare and we also pay for our staff to get certified in areas of their choosing (for full-time employees);
- Ability to work with a fun team of people who are the best when it comes to supporting small business computer networks.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter addressed to Brendan Howe.
Written by Brendan Howe